Higher Grounds Coffee Bar Closed Temporarily
We are as eager as you are to enjoy our favorite beverage with friends on the Higher Grounds patio.
Yet as many Northern Michigan businesses begin to reopen this [Memorial Day] weekend, our Coffee Bar will remain closed for now. We know that many visitors will be arriving in our area, and we are still working hard to determine the appropriate date for launching a new vision of our space, redesigned for our new global reality. Our decision not to reopen immediately is based on our desire to protect the greatest number of lives and livelihoods, to secure the long term health of our community.
1) Saving Lives: Traverse City is a tourist mecca, drawing annual visitors and second-home residents during the summer from COVID19 hotspots like Detroit and Chicago. We believe it is irresponsible to jump and reopen for a top tourism weekend before we implement full systems for contactless ordering and install a pick-up window.
2) Protecting Livelihoods: HG is committed to building a model that integrates digital technology, a virtual experience, and the vastly changing needs of our consumers while maintaining optimal safety, providing you and our staff with a safe, trusted environment. If we do not reimagine and relaunch the Coffee Bar correctly, we would risk having to shut its doors at the end of the summer or sooner.
At Higher Grounds, we want to do what is right, not just what is acceptable. Along with paying beyond fair prices to our coffee producing partners and minimizing our impact on the environment, we strive to do right by our community, which includes our entire staff and you. When the time comes for us to once again welcome you to our space in person, we will do so in a spirit of collective responsibility and mutual respect.
In the meantime, we are offering free delivery to local TC zip codes as well as pickup from our patio area. You can order packaged coffee here on our website, and when you enter your local address at checkout, choose “Doorstep Delivery” or “Hold for Pickup.” (Scroll down to the bottom of this page for details.)
We hope you are all staying safe and healthy! To stay up to date on the latest plans, follow us here on FB as well as Instagram and Twitter.
Chris & the rest of your friends at Higher Grounds
Meanwhile, the best way to support HG and keep your coffee mugs full at home is to order online. We can ship anywhere in the continental U.S. and are offering free home delivery in our local area when you choose "Doorstep Delivery" at checkout.
HIGHER GROUNDS LOCAL DELIVERY AND PICKUP SERVICE DETAILS
- Order online at www.highergroundstrading.com
Select Shipping Method at checkout, or choose:
Local option #1 - Doorstep Delivery - home delivery for zip codes 49684, 49686, 49690, 49637, 49650, 49696, 49685, or 49621 (please allow 4 business days to process)
Local option #2 - Hold for Pickup (please allow 2 business days to process)
If picking up from our location (9AM-4PM, Mon-Fri, closed on weekends):
- When you arrive, please do not open the door.
- Knock on the door, wave your hands, do a little dance; get the attention of the staff member in the cafe.
- If you don’t see anyone, please call 231-922-9009.
- Give the staff member your name, exchange smiles and please stand 6 feet back (continue dancing if you'd like).
- The staff member will open the door and place your order on the table outside the front door.
- Once the staff member is back inside, you may retrieve your order and rush back home to enjoy a delicious cup of fresh coffee!
We appreciate our community's awareness and desire to limit exposure during these uncertain times. We will continue to be proactive and communicative, making adjustments as needed for the health and safety of everyone.
Please refer to this page, which we will update accordingly, for the latest information on our efforts. In the meantime, please consider ordering coffee online for brewing at home or purchasing Higher Grounds Coffee at a local grocery store as you are able, in keeping with social distancing guidelines set forth by the CDC.
We love hearing from our community! If you have any questions, concerns, or comments, please drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 231-922-9009 (phone line open 9AM-5PM Mon-Fri).