Customer Service & Sales Support
Responsibilities & Duties:
Higher Grounds is a mission-based business built around the idea that high-quality coffee is sustainable only through a human-centric approach by making coffee production beneficial for farmers, their communities and everyone involved in the supply chain.
The primary role of this position is to provide support to our customers and sales team by acting as a liaison between the customer and the company. This role offers critical administrative support including processing orders, daily sales report generation, providing amazing customer service, invoice generation, and administrative support to sales and equipment divisions.
- Order intake by email and incoming phone calls.
- Field, record, and either resolve or escalate customer service issues.
- Email sales receipts and invoices to customers at the end of the day including equipment sales.
- Charge credit card sales.
- Record website credit card deposits.
- Email sales report at the end of the day.
- Daily sales report generation.
- Answering and directing all incoming phone calls and/or directing to the correct person.
- Standing order outreach.
- Upon approval, donation request processing.
- Promotional tracking, internal and external.
- Administratively supporting sales and equipment departments.
- Incoming/outgoing mail processing.
- Calling existing customers to check-in, inform of new coffees follow up on sporadic ordering history.
- Enter new products into QuickBooks.
- Support the GOA submissions (Organic Certification) as directed.
- Pleasant Communication Skills
- Positive “Can Do” Attitude
- Multi-tasking & Highly Organized
- Detail Oriented
- Enthusiasm for Coffee
- Support Mission/Vision of Higher Grounds
- A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
- An enthusiastic supporter of social justice and environmental sustainability.
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- 1 to 2 years of work in an office setting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, strong computer skills. QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Ability to communicate with a variety of individuals in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to answer and run a multi-line phone system, multi-task.
Though this role is in an office environment that provides a largely sedentary role, this individual must be able to maneuver the production facility to support all aspects of the organization. This position requires minimal lifting of up to 10 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.