Higher Grounds is looking for a General Manager who will be responsible for the management of the day-to-day operations of the Higher Grounds roastery and coffee bar facilities including production, sales, marketing, distribution, sourcing, and finance. This role will work collaboratively with the owner and departmental managers to ensure that the strategic goals and vision of the organization are achieved.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Overseeing the daily operations of the business including manufacturing, retail and distribution.
- Reporting key performance indicators to the owner and carrying out determined goals & key projects as assigned by the owner.
- Analyzing financials and determine strategy based on monetary factors for the organization.
- Managing policy development and deployment, through department managers, in the areas quality, cost reduction, on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, and business performance measures.
- Providing leadership and employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development.
- Providing leadership for problem resolution to facilitate fast improvements and improved working relationships.
- Managing compliance with state and federal regulations.
Competencies and Qualifications include:
- Strategic thinking, business acumen, leadership, results driving, collaboration and pleasant persistence.
- A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
- Enthusiastic supporter of social justice and environmental sustainability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years in various management/leadership roles in a variety of businesses and industries. Experience in the coffee industry preferred.
- Previous manufacturing experience preferred.
- Prove ability and key understanding of financial reports and analysis.
- Skilled in organizational development, personnel management, budget and resource development, and strategic planning.
- Excellent people skills, with an ability to partner with a dynamic leadership team.
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to corporate mission.
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solutions; demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities and guiding investment in people and systems.
- Ability to lift 10 to 50 pounds and manipulate weight up to 152 pounds.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.