Production & Delivery Assistant
- Ensure orders are filled and delivered accurately.
- Follow and enforce all delivery and safety policies.
- Complete delivery and process logs accurately and to specifications.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and bike.
- Merchandising for all local grocery accounts which includes ensuring the product is displayed correctly, with the needed amount of inventory, bulk bins and surrounding areas are clean.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance of product in the stores.
- Perform local deliveries by van and bicycle accurately, safely and on-time.
- Accurately & appealingly display & exhibit promotional material, marketing initiatives and signage.
- Assist in production tasks in roastery including bagging coffee, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, cleaning and maintenance of production area and equipment.
- Maintain compliance and process logs.
- Customer Service Skills
- Bias Towards Action
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Pleasant and Clear Communicator
- A clean driving record.
- Previous history in delivery, distribution or logistics a plus.
- Ability to utilize computer software and navigate basic computer platforms.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, energetic, ever-evolving workplace.
- Ability and desire to deliver coffee beans by bicycle in many weather conditions.
- Comfortable with manual labor: ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, more weight occasionally including the ability to manipulate 152 pounds of coffee, and be active and on feet, all day, pull up to 400 pounds of coffee on a bicycle trailer.
- Experience in the coffee industry a plus.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Pleasant disposition in dealing with customers/co-workers.
- Dedicated to constantly improving quality and radical customer service.
- A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
- An enthusiastic supporter of social justice and environmental sustainability.