Delivery & Production Assistant
Higher Grounds is a mission-based business built around the idea that high quality coffee is sustainable only through a human-centric approach, making coffee production beneficial for farmers, their communities and everyone involved in the supply chain. The Delivery & Production Assistant is responsible for facilitating the local delivery of Higher Grounds coffee by van or bicycle, as well as for ensuring the delivery team is maintaining the highest level of accuracy, safety and compliance. This role will assist the Production Manager in ensuring maintenance and process logs for the delivery department are accurately maintained. Delivery staff are the “eyes and ears” of Higher Grounds, identifying needs on the customer level, and as such, will support the organization by driving sales through the identification of opportunities while ensuring customer satisfaction.
● Manage, facilitate and perform local deliveries by van and bicycle delivery accurately, safely and on-time.
● Merchandising for all local grocery accounts which includes ensuring the product is displayed correctly, signage and pricing are accurate, needed amount of inventory is stocked, bulk bins and surrounding areas are clean.
● Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance of product in the stores.
● Ensure orders are filled accurately in production and delivered accurately to customers.
● Follow and enforce all delivery and safety policies.
● Maintain a clean and organized vehicle and bike.
● Assist in production tasks in roastery including bagging coffee, order fulfillment, shipping and receiving, cleaning and maintenance of production area and equipment.
● Maintain compliance and process logs.
● Assist Production Manager in ensuring maintenance, delivery and process logs are accurately maintained, delivery equipment and vehicles are maintained and cared for, customers needs are met.
● Customer Service Skills
● Bias Towards Action
● Problem Solving/Analysis
● Pleasant and Clear Communicator
● A clean driving record.
● Self-directed, self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
● Ability and desire to deliver coffee beans by bicycle in many weather conditions.
● Previous history in delivery, distribution or logistics a plus.
● Previous history in sales or customer service.
● Ability to utilize computer software and navigate basic computer platforms.
● Enjoy a fast paced, energetic, ever-evolving workplace.
● Experience in the coffee industry a plus.
● Pleasant disposition in dealing with customers & co-workers.
● Dedicated to constantly improving quality and radical customer service.
● Comfortable with manual labor: ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, more weight occasionally including the ability to manipulate 152 pounds of coffee, and be active and on feet all day, pull up to 400 pounds of coffee on a bicycle trailer.
● A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
● Enthusiastic supporter of social justice and environmental sustainability.