Delivery & Production Position
Title: Delivery & Production Support
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Responsibilities and Duties:
Higher Grounds is a mission-based business built around the idea that high quality coffee is sustainable only through a human-centric approach by making coffee production beneficial for farmers, their communities and everyone involved in the supply chain.
This position is responsible for ensuring the on-time and accurate delivery of product, while providing exceptional customer service. Delivery staff must keep accurate maintenance and process logs, keep vehicles and equipment carefully maintained and conduct themselves in a safe and professional manner.
The production support role assists with all aspects of coffee production that take place once the coffee has been roasted and is part of the production team responsible for bagging coffee, order fulfillment and shipping.
The core hours for this position are Monday - Friday. Schedule flexibility is a plus.
- Perform local deliveries by van accurately, safely and on-time.
- Follow existing delivery routes and processes.
- Complete maintenance and mileage logs accurately and to specifications.
- Follow instructions and priorities from customer service staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized vehicle in accordance to prescribed safety standards.
- Merchandising for all local grocery accounts which includes ensuring the product is displayed correctly, signage and pricing are accurate, needed amount of inventory is stocked and surrounding areas are clean.
- Accurately forecast trends, plan stock levels and monitor performance of product in the stores.
- Follow all delivery and safety policies.
- Package organic coffee beans to quality standards using a weigh fill machine.
- Follow GMP Guidelines
- Maintain a clean and organized production area in accordance to prescribed safety standards.
- Packaging and processing orders for shipment using shipping software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous history in delivery, distribution or logistics a plus.
- Experience in customer service and sales.
- Ability to utilize computer software and navigate basic computer platforms.
- Bias Towards Action
- Team Oriented
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Clean driving record.
- Experience in the coffee industry is a plus.
- Comfortable with manual labor: ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly, more weight occasionally, be active and on feet.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, detail-oriented.
- Pleasant disposition in dealing with customers/co-workers.
- Warehouse/production experience preferred
- Forklift qualifications a plus
- Enjoy a fast paced, energetic, ever-evolving workplace.
- Excellent attendance.
This role is in a production environment that requires lifting of up to 50 pounds, driving in all weather conditions and following Good Manufacturing Practices.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our circle model: we provide coffee drinkers with the opportunity to engage in a cycle that begins at, and returns to, our partners in coffee-growing regions. We’re fully engaged in that cycle, sourcing coffee directly from farmers through ownership of our importer Cooperative Coffees and circling back to the farmers and their communities via our sister nonprofit, "On the Ground."
Learn more about our sister non profit at: http://onthegroundglobal.org
Learn more about Cooperative Coffees at: https://coopcoffees.coop/about/mission-vision/