Part-time Roastery/Production Support
Revision Date: 10/24/2019
Title: Production Support
Reports To: Production Manager
FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Responsibilities and Duties:
Higher Grounds is a mission-based business built around the idea that high quality coffee is sustainable only through a human-centric approach by making coffee production beneficial for farmers, their communities and everyone involved in the supply chain.
This position assists with all aspects of coffee production that take place once the coffee has been roasted and is part of the production team responsible for making a high quality experience for our customer base.
- Package organic coffee beans to quality standards using a weigh fill machine.
- Follow GMP Guidelines
- Complete process logs accurately and to specifications.
- Follow instructions and priorities from roasting and customer service staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized production area in accordance to prescribed safety standards.
- Accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Packaging and processing orders for shipment using shipping software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of accuracy
- Team oriented
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bias towards action
- Results driven
- Problem solving/analysis
- Pleasant persistence
- Curious and obsessively particular about coffee and hospitality
- Warehouse/production experience preferred
- Forklift qualifications a plus
- Enjoy a fast paced, energetic, ever-evolving workplace.
- Excellent attendance.
- Comfortable with manual labor: ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly, manipulate more weight occasionally, and be active and on feet all day.
- Self-directed, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Willingness to creatively improve and organize production system as needed.
- Pleasant disposition in dealing with customers/co-workers.
- Dedicated to constantly improving quality.
- Good math skills.
- A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
- Enthusiastic supporter of social justice and environmental sustainability.
This role is in a production environment that requires lifting of up to 50 pounds, manipulation of up to 152 pounds and repetitive movement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Our circle model: we provide coffee drinkers with the opportunity to engage in a cycle that begins at, and returns to, our partners in coffee-growing regions. We’re fully engaged in that cycle, sourcing coffee directly from farmers through ownership of our importer Cooperative Coffees and circling back to the farmers and their communities via our sister nonprofit, "On the Ground."
Learn more about our sister non profit at: http://onthegroundglobal.org
Learn more about Cooperative Coffees at: https://coopcoffees.coop/about/mission-vision/