Full Time Production Associate
Title: Production Associate
Reports To: Production Manager // FLSA Classification: Nonexempt
Higher Grounds is seeking a full-time Production Associate with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to join our team. Candidates should be ready to work with efficiency in a cooperative and fast-paced environment and flexible enough to accommodate variable production needs. This position assists with all aspects of post-roast coffee production and is part of the team responsible for crafting a high quality experience for our customers. The core hours for this position are Monday-Friday, 8:00-5:00 pm and may vary seasonally.
- Package organic coffee beans using a weigh fill machine.
- Follow GMP Guidelines.
- Complete process logs accurately and to specifications.
- Follow instructions and priorities from roasting and customer service staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized production area in accordance with prescribed safety standards.
- Accurate fulfillment of orders.
- Packaging and processing orders for shipment using shipping software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of accuracy
- Team oriented
- Mechanical aptitude
- Bias towards action
- Results driven
- Problem solving/analysis
- Pleasant persistence
- Enthusiasm for coffee and hospitality
- Excellent attendance.
- Comfortable with manual labor: ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly, manipulate more weight occasionally, and be active all day
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, and able to multitask.
- Able to exhibit leadership qualities.
- Pleasant disposition in dealing with customers and co-workers.
- Dedicated to constantly improving quality.
- A passion for specialty coffee and a human-centric approach preferred.
This role is in a production environment that requires lifting of up to 50 pounds, manipulation of up to 152 pounds and repetitive movement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.
Higher Grounds is a mission-based business built around the idea that high quality coffee is sustainable only through a human-centric approach by making coffee production beneficial for farmers, their communities and everyone involved in the supply chain.
Our circle model: We provide coffee drinkers with the opportunity to engage in a cycle that begins with, and returns to, our partners in coffee-growing regions. We’re fully engaged in that cycle, sourcing coffee directly from farmers through ownership of our importer Cooperative Coffees and circling back to the farmers and their communities via our partner nonprofit, On the Ground.
Learn more about our nonprofit work at: http://onthegroundglobal.org
Learn more about Cooperative Coffees at: https://coopcoffees.coop/about/mission-vision/