Higher Grounds is fortunate to partner with amazing nonprofit partners who are working to make the world a better place for all people and our planet. In addition to the 1% of proceeds from all coffees that we donate to our nonprofit On The Ground, through our Coffees of Change series, we also donate an additional amount from each bag purchased directly to a specific cause partner.
On the Ground
- Sustainable coffee starts where inequity ends. Higher Grounds donates 1% of our profit to On The Ground, empowering coffee farming communities through gender and social equity, environmental sustainability, and economic security.
- Partner: On The Ground
- Shop and Donate 1%
Higher Grounds’ Coffees for Change Partners:
Title Track Michigan // Shine On Blend
- Throughout history, music and coffee have fueled and inspired our dreams, our passions, and our hopes for a brighter future. We are excited to partner with one of the Midwest's most prolific and passionate songwriters, accomplished folk artist May Erlewine, in developing the Shine On blend, an uplifting cup of resilience for the important work ahead. $1 of every purchase will be donated to the Michigan non-profit Title Track in support of racial justice education. What better way to celebrate the merging of coffee and song than with the shared creation of this sweet, mellow blend of coffees from Peru and Ethiopia.
- Tasting notes: Brown Sugar * Honey * Plum Jam
- Partner: Title Track
- Shop Shine On Blend
- Shop Shine On Blend + Mug
Northern Michigan for Veterans // Bold Glory Blend
- This tasty roast of Peruvian coffees supports Northern Michigan for Veterans. NMV is a 501(c)(3) non-profit whose mission is to support the veteran community by advocating for jobs, housing, and medical and educational services. NMV partners with other supporting organizations, particularly Veterans Inspiring Veterans (VIV), to provide those services not covered by state or federal agencies or other organizations supporting former members of our military. $5.00 of every bag purchased goes to support NMV and their affiliated programs.
- Tasting notes: Earthy, Bittersweet, Molasses
- Partner: Northern Michigan for Veterans
- Shop Bold Glory Blend
Fishtown Preservation Society // Fishtown Blend
- Proceeds benefit Fishtown Preservation Society in their quest to preserve the historic Fishtown fishing village in Leland, Michigan. $5.00 from each bag sold goes directly to the Fishtown Preservation Society.
- Tasting notes: Dark Chocolate * Caramel * Robust
- Partner: Fishtown Preservation Society
- Shop Fishtown Blend
Jail Guitar Doors // Riff Roast
- This dark-roasted coffee from COMSA in Honduras is in partnership with Jail Guitar Doors-USA to help bring JGD's rehabilitative music programming to Michigan. Watch for events and concerts over the course of 2021 featuring some of Michigan's best and brightest artists and musicians. These events will raise funds and awareness for JGD's programs and for the need for comprehensive reform in our justice system. $5.00 of every bag purchased goes to support bringing Jail Guitar Doors programming to Michigan.
- Tasting notes: Smooth, Smoky, Hints of Molasses
- Partner: Jail Guitar Doors
- Shop Riff Roast
Women's Resource Center // WRC Blend
- Higher Grounds is pleased to collaborate with the Women's Resource Center (WRC) to bring you this delicious coffee. The mission of the WRC is to protect, shelter, and empower people impacted by domestic and sexual violence. $5.00 of every bag purchased goes to support WRC and their programming.
- Tasting notes: cocoa, almond, toasty
- Partner: Women’s Resource Center
- Shop WRC Blend
Safe Harbor // Harbor Winter Blend
- A smooth winter blend to carry you through the chilliest season. We donate $5 from the sale of each 12-oz bag to Traverse City homeless advocacy organization Safe Harbor, providing food, shelter, and hope for those in need. Safe Harbor is a seasonal emergency shelter. The overall goal is to assist street homeless into permanent or supportive housing. When you purchase Harbor blend, you’re supporting Safe Harbor’s ability to provide food, shelter and hope for those in need.